Endometriosis treatment | Sydney gynaecologist Dr Anu Mahadik
and pelvic pain
Pelvic pain Sydney
What is chronic pelvic pain?
What causes chronic pelvic pain?
As mentioned earlier, chronic pelvic pain can be the result of several conditions, including multiple at once. Some causes include:
- Chronic pelvic inflammatory disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Interstitial cystitis (painful bladder syndrome)
- Musculoskeletal problems
- Pelvic congestion syndrome
- Ovarian remnant after the uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes are removed and a remaining piece has developed into a painful cyst
How is chronic pelvic pain managed?
Managing chronic pelvic pain often requires a multidisciplinary approach. The following will be performed:
- Investigations to look for any primary problem
- Tests to exclude pelvic infection including a pelvic Ultrasound
- In some patients may be offered laparoscopy (Keyhole surgery) to exclude endometriosis
- Treatment involves treating the cause
- Hormonal treatment, antispasmodics may be offered in some patients
- Pain control medications
Endometriosis treatment Sydney
What is Endometriosis?
What are the symptoms of endometriosis?
Besides pelvic pain, endometriosis can cause:
- Heavy and painful periods
- Pelvic pain not associated with periods
- Painful Intercourse
- Pain whilst opening bowels
- Fatigue, diarrhea, constipation, bloating or nausea during periods
- Infertility. A third to half of women with endometriosis have difficulties falling pregnant as it may obstruct the tube and keep the egg and sperm from meeting or damage the egg or sperm
Keyhole Surgery may be needed to confirm the presence of endometriosis.
How is endometriosis treated?
Sydney Obstetrician Norwest and St George Private Hospitals
Consulting at Norwest and St George Private Hospitals
My consulting rooms are at Burbank Place, Norwest which is near Norwest Private Hospital. If you are preparing for your antenatal care and looking for the best and most suitable solution, you can count on my practice to help you. If you live northwest of Sydney CBD, or near the M2 or M7, you may find my practice in Norwest suitable for your antenatal care consultations.
If you live in the Sydney CBD, or south of Sydney, you may be best served by coming to my rooms in Kogarah, at St George Private Hospital Medical Suites.
I come from a family of doctors and it has always been my intuitive first choice to become an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist. I basically grew up in it, with my father being one of the co-founders of a series of IVF clinics in India. Care for mothers and the babies they are expecting has always been my first nature and I am grateful for being able to serve my patients in their journey.
So if you are in that phase where you are not sure how to choose a private obstetrician in Sydney, let’s have a chat so we can plan your antenatal care together.